I’ve made a good start to this project now and have published a bit of a test on the opening scenes; the creation of the earth and the parting of the waters to make land. See for yourself and let me know what you think. This also includes an extract from some of the music I plan to use for the animation; Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.
I’m hoping to have some storyboards to share by this time next week. I’ve started by splitting up the piece into the recognisable sections (which I will have to cut down) which will serve as a scene each, hopefully. Now I need to decide which of these to cut, actually do the editing and storyboard for real! Here’s what I’ve decided (using the version from the Classic FM Anthems album) and you can listen to a version to see if it’s just about right by clicking here.
– Opening Hymn 0:00-1:54 (1m 54s)
– Development 1:55-2:48 (53s)
– Oboe entry 2:48-3:40 (52s)
– Brass entry 3:40-4:10 (30s)
– Theme 1 4:20-5:14 (54s)
– Russian Folk 1 (with La Marseillaise) 5:20-6:40 (1m 20s)
– Russian Folk 2 (with descending scales) 6:40-7:18 (38s)
– Strings 1 7:18-8:52 (1m 34s)
– Russian Folk 3 (subdued) 8:52-9:30 (48s)
– Theme 2 (with La Marseillaise) 9:30-10:28 (58s)
– Russian Folk 4 (fierce) 10:28-10:40 (12s)
– Strings 2 11:08-11:50 (42s)
– Russian Folk 5 11:50-12:08 (18s)
– La Marseillaise growing 12:08-12:52 (44s)
– descending scales 12:52-13:38 (46s)
– Hymn’s Return (with ascending scales) 13:38-15:06 (1m 28s)
– Finale 15:06-16:10 (1m 04s)
As you can imagine I can’t animate all of this but the repeated sections could be cut. I think I need to keep in from La Marseillaise returning til the end (which is about three and a half minutes) so up to three and a half minutes extra from before will do.