Finished Product

I’ve now got the animation online for show!  I’m currently just finishing off the project file and the paperwork to hand it in but you can have a look at it here: 1812: Napoleon’s Final Invasion.


Rendering Week and Editing

This week I spent in the digital media labs at uni rendering all the After Effects projects I’d done for 1812.  It didn’t take too long really and, now, after four days, I’ve finished it all, edited it together using Final Cut Pro, made a few tweaks and designed the DVD menus.  I’m just waiting now for the file to be compressed to go on the DVD I need to hand in and I’ll be finished, pretty much, but for the paperwork.

In the end, I’m very happy.  I think it could go a lot quicker, especially in the first third of the animation, but it would mean a lot more content which I don’t have.  However, I’m still happy and I think it gives the viewer more of a chance to listen and reflect on the music.  I’m very happy with the way the cuts go with the music and also the style of it, having the old film and a slightly desaturated look to the whole thing.


Finished Scenes

This morning I finally finished off all the scenes for the 1812 animation.  Very happy!  Having edited the sketches done by my friend Naomi and sticking them into the environments I created, inspired by original paintings, I’ve added a desaturation layer and blended a piece of old film on top.

Hopefully, this will give a nice, old-style look to the piece, adding to the silent-movie style slides I’ll be adding too.  Next week my job is to render it all and hand it in.  It’s on the way!